Sewing bloggers are a friendly bunch. Among other things, they like to give each other blogging awards! It’s fun, and a nice way to point people to new awesome blogs that don’t have many followers yet.
One such award that gets passed around the blogosphere (like a chainletter, but much friendlier and less annoying) is the Versatile Blogger Award. And, lo and behold, Becky from Springystitches has nominated me for it! :)
(Ignore my handwriting… Focus on the sentiment, and the sneak peek of this gray and pink plaid that I’ve earmarked for another Archer shirt.)
Here’s what you’re supposed to do if you’re nominated. (If you want. No pressure.)
1. Thank the person who nominated you and create a link back to their blog
2. Share 7 things about yourself
3. Nominate 15 other versatile bloggers
4. Tell the bloggers that you nominated them
Okay, so, some things about me:
1. I majored in biology in college.
2. I really like board games. Current favorites include Dominion and Race for the Galaxy.
3. I love fantasy novels. I’m re-reading Lord of the Rings right now.
4. The first sewing project I completed was a Lord of the Rings elf costume to wear to the opening of the Return of the King movie.
5. I really like British TV mystery series. Poirot, Miss Marple, Sherlock Holmes (the Jeremy Brett version), Midsomer Murders, Rosemary and Thyme, etc.
6. I can juggle!
7. I love Shakespeare. I’ve seen almost all the plays at least once, except for some of the more obscure history plays.
(Basically what I’m saying is I am a giant nerd, okay? Okay. Glad we got that sorted out.)
Now for the best part!
I know you’re supposed to nominate 15, but I really wanted to limit myself to blogs that 1) aren’t already super well-known (under ~300 followers on Bloglovin), 2) I’ve been reading for a while and genuinely think are awesomesauce, and 3) haven’t already been nominated for the VBA as far as I can tell. These are the 6 I came up with:
1. Dandelion Drift for her relaxed, modern style.
2. Sew Pomona for her beautiful and everyday-wearable makes, and her sense of color.
3. Sewin’ in the Rain for super cute dresses.
4. SewStylist for her strong sense of her own style (which she summed up recently as “uncomplicated,” “interesting,” “timeless,” “sensual,” and “edgy”). Seriously, her blog is just beautiful to look at.
5. Under Alteration for her chic, wearable, and beautifully-sewn garments (and she calls herself a beginner!).
6. Two Random Words for awesome pencil skirts.
There you have it! Thanks again for the nomination, Becky. Now go forth and check out these lovely blogs!